Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's official... now back to work!

I'm officially "back to work" now - it's been a whole week.
And it's been rough... but it's nice to be in the office now and then too.

My best friend Melanie took Dax on Tuesday and Wednesday so I could be present at a couple of meetings, and that was just an incredible thing that she did for me. I'm so blessed to have the kinds of friends I have now. I honestly always wondered if I'd have the kind of friends I'd need to raise a baby, by the time I decided to have one, and you know what? I have even better friends than that. It's pretty awesome.

It's hard balancing life with a baby... and with work. Not to mention the rest of life that keeps coming at me...
I'm amazed at the women who've done it before me.
Sh*t - I'm amazed at the women who've given birth before me - I'm empowered by that legacy. It's just mind boggling that women have done this FOREVER, and for whatever reason, the strength needed to do it, to birth a child, AND to raise it, has been basically glossed over...

I'm beginning to blather, but seriously. This is hardcore stuff.

No comments: