Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's official...

We have a sick baby. :(
This is his very first real illness...
we did pretty good - 9 months without a major bug!!
But he got it - a nice pukey/diarrhea, ear/sinus infecting, green-snot producing, fever having virus. He's been sick for at least 2 fever-charted days now (viruses take 7-10 days to get going).
Poor baby.
And today was supposed to be his 9 month "well-baby" checkup.
:(
He's finally sleeping on my lap right now - which makes a total of 4 hours in the last 24 that he's slept... which is two more hours than me, actually...
And with teething the last three weeks - we've both gotten, on average, 4 hours of sleep per night...
I was hallucinating last night...
This is a lot like when he was a brand new little guy.
But worse, only because I'd gotten used to having 6 hours of sleep or more a night before this...
:(
Muh.
I hope antibiotics for the infections will soothe him sooner rather than later... that still does nothing for the virus... we just have to wait.

2 comments:

Anne said...

HOw's dax doing? Getting any better?

Lisa said...

He IS better, thank you!
:)
The snot has stopped, but now he's coughing... which I guess is a sign that he's on the mend. We're into day 5 with antibiotics... so his head-funk can't get any WORSE, I guess...
And he stopped throwing up that night, which was good. I felt it when his fever stopped on Wednesday night. Amazing feeling.
So I guess the virus has run its course too.
:)
*whew*