Monday, December 6, 2010

Lemony chicken pasta recipe

New recipe! Tried it tonight, and it was pretty successful. Dax mostly ate the noodles... but at least there was some broth in it, so I know he got some protein even when he wasn't eating very much chicken...
:)
Here's the recipe

I was amazed at how much this made, and what a big part the walnuts played... they're a must.

Oh! And I used a 1 pound bag of steamer broccoli - so I didn't have to steam the broccoli so long in the pot (don't steam it the full amount of time in the bag, and it'll turn out really good... unless you like it crunchy, in which case, just drop a 1 pound bag of frozen broccoli in the skillet - steamer, or otherwise).

Now, after it's been eaten, and I'm putting it away, I'm noticing how "dingy" the garlic and lemon made the pasta... but it's even tastier, now that the skillet's been sitting for a while... I say leave it to sit and "stew" as long as you can before serving - maybe add an extra half a cup of broth for that too. Who cares if it's "dingy" looking. It was pretty darn tasty.
:)

No comments: