Thursday, January 15, 2009

To First American Home Warranty

First, I'll tell everyone that we woke up this morning about 3am to our baby screaming. The house was a chilly 60 degrees... and dropping. The forecast for the night had been for temperatures in the 20s.
So I called First American Home Warranty to place a new claim, complete with a screaming baby in the background. The agent told me that our claim was placed in "emergency" status.
I should also mention that I had put a call in to First American Home Warranty the week before Christmas, saying that our heater had started making loud banging noises; that claim was denied.
So, Anooj called to check on our repair man for our newest claim, who had yet to call us by 1pm - AND THEY TOLD ANOOJ THAT OUR CLAIM HAD BEEN CANCELED.
Sweet.
Now THAT's the kind of service I would recommend to my friends.
So here's my recommendation...
DO NOT EVER CHOOSE FIRST AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY when you buy a house. I WOULD suggest you take a Home Warranty service for the first year - the seller usually pays for it, so you might as well take it - but I understand that they're all basically as helpful as First American Home Warranty. BUT, perhaps their service people are smarter... perhaps they don't errantly change order statuses from EMERGENCY to CANCELED.

FIRST AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY SUCKS.
Do not choose them.
Ever.

Just some friendly advice.
I mean, if you value your family and all.
:)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh that sucks. Here is sending "warm" thoughts your way.

The Hunter Family said...

OMG what a nightmare!!! Advice taken :)

Lisa said...

Thanks - we're finally back to normal now, with heat... After it was all said and done, though, First American covered only one issue (the blower motor) - the rest we had to pay for, so the total bill came to $just over 400 (with the $55 service-call fee). Gotta love it. $45 a month, plus a $55 service fee = we could have paid for this ourselves with half the hassle if we didn't have a home warranty... buh. At least I have family in the area to stay with, right?? :) Glad to be home though.