Friday, March 6, 2009

Naptime drama...

Well Dax has now finished up with his first of many "childhood illnesses" - he had Roseola last week and over the weekend. SO glad that's overwith. He got the rash, which generally signifies that the virus has been fought and your child is no longer communicable, on Sunday/Monday, but still had a slight rash on Wednesday - but it was gone by bathtime Wednesday night! He topped out at 103.5 on Saturday morning - but it was amazing how fast Motrin cooled him off - by 8:30 when we hit the doctor's office, he was back to normal! (less than an hour, probably, from that first temperature reading)

Now I'm having naptime drama... And I think I'm writing this because I'm feeling guilty for MAKING him stay in his crib while he should be napping, but he's not... He's only had ONE half-hour "nap" today, and I tried to get him down earlier, but no dice. We went for a long walk this afternoon, and I nursed him for his afternoon "snack", and he crashed out, but promptly woke up about 30 minutes later in his crib...
And I'm going to leave him there. He HAS to have a nap. Even though he's not napping... at least he's having quiet time. Right? Am I crazy?
What am I supposed to do with a baby who won't nap?
Muh.
I hate this.
:(

No comments: